by: NCRG Staff | Aug 16, 2016
Connecting healthcare providers with the most up-to-date research is essential to quality care. The NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction is one of the vehicles the NCRG uses to help counselors, psychologists, social workers, physicians, nurses and public health professionals learn about the latest research on gambling disorders. In fact, the NCRG conference offers the best educational experience for healthcare providers — as evidenced by the many approvals we have received for the continuing education hours offered by the conference. At this writing, the NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction, scheduled for Sept. 25-26, 2016, in Las Vegas, is approved to provide 13.5 continuing education hours by more health care organizations than any other gambling conference. First, we have the institutions that have granted approval of all NCRG educational programs:
- The NCRG is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The National Center for Responsible Gaming maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The NCRG is approved to provide continuing education by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #100793).
- The NCRG is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program (#6474).
In addition, the NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction has received single program approval from the following:
- The American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders (Academy) has approved continuing education credit for certified addiction specialists (CAS) (approval #16-1466).
- The National Association of Social Workers has approved the NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction (approval #886389646-0).
- The Connecticut Certification Board has approved the 17th Annual NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction for 13.5 CEUs.
- The Illinois Certification Board has approved the NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction (#13146).
- The Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation has approved the 17th NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction for continuing education hours.
We still have some outstanding applications at even more certifying agencies so please check at www.ncrg.org/conference or email Christine Reilly (creilly [at] ncg [dot] org) for updates or suggestions of other organizations.
We hope you can join us in Las Vegas on Sept. 25-26, 2016!